Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What's Up Cupcake

Happy National Cupcake Day! I thought it fitting to blog about my favorite cupcake corner of the world on this oh-so-sweet day. I’m over-zealous to share What’s Up Cupcake with you. Situated in a small house off of Keller’s Main Street, is What’s Up Cupcake which is family owned and operated. When you open the door, you’re instantly at home…talk about feeling like you’re in Grandma's kitchen...oh boy! The delightful, sweet aroma eases the worst of days and transforms you into blissful ease. The gals at WUC are warm and friendly, and the owner is always engaging. The cupcake display reveals the most extraordinary cupcakes that, I’m quite certain, smile back at you. The flavors change from day to day, and you can keep up with the changing menu on WUC’s Facebook and Twitter pages. I knew on this particular day that they would be making my new favorite flavor (unique to boot), Chocolate Dipped Strawberry. I also ordered a flavor I had yet to try, Caramel Toffee Crunch and, of course, a side of coffee. My treats were put in a plastic to-go carrier, since I would be taking my extra Chocolate Dipped Strawberry cupcake home. I made my way over to the coffee station to fill up my coffee cup; there are usually two flavors to choose from. The house definitely has this coffee house vibe with hardwood floors, separate rooms having a different personality. The front room has the dining experience with bistro style table and chairs, and the adorable photos of their dog posing with a cupcake on its head (now that's a trick) hanging along the wall. My usual spot is in the back room with a couch, leather chairs, and a coffee table with local magazines to read. I love to take my book and sit back in this room to read, nibble on cupcakes all the while glancing at the window that frames beautiful trees. It really is a hideaway! The adjacent room is for little ones to enjoy with child-size table and chairs and pictures of a darling little girl enjoying her cupcake. I, of course, chose to sit on the couch, as usual, to enjoy my goodies. Cross my heart, I have never tasted a cupcake I didn't fall in love with at WUC! They are moist, flavorful and always fresh! The delish, tickle-your-tastebuds Chocolate Dipped Strawberry cupcake stole my heart on the first bite. Imagine your teeth sinking into chocolate sauce, then into a layer of strawberry frosting, followed by a moist chocolate cake. However, the Caramel Toffee Crunch held its own weight in gold, tasting like a toffee bar mixed into a cupcake and drizzled with caramel sauce. Well, Child, it makes you wanna slap yo momma. My momma wasn’t there, so I slapped myself. I’m telling you, it just doesn’t get any better than WUC cupcakes! Whether you pick up a dozen for a party, or just stop in for one cupcake to indulge in, you will always leave feeling better than before you walked in! And, if you buy a t-shirt and wear it on Tuesdays, you get a free cupcake. Now that’s something to smile about!
http://www.whats-up-cupcake.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment