Saturday, July 10, 2010

CocoFlow




After doing a search online for a good coffee house in OKC, I came across CocoFlow. The name says is all...flowing in chocolate! This gem of a find is located in Bricktown, Oklahoma City's hot spot for entertainment. I drove by the outside and asked myself, is this really it? It doesn't look like much on the exterior other than an old brick warehouse with a neon red light shining CocoFlow. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough change on me to put in the meter, so I had to settle for a 30 minute parking space. I thought that would be ample time for me to check this spot out...have a quick latte and be on my way. I realized what a mistake that quick parking was the minute I opened the door to CocoFlow. Talk about your diamond in the rough...was like opening the door to Oz without the yellow brick road. The aroma picked me up off my feet, and I dreamily floated toward the lit counter which sheltered such pretty chocolates. Okay, no I didn't, but that is how I recall it. Instead, I was greeted by three military women standing around the counter waiting on their coffees. I, of course, walked over to the chocolate display case with my mind spinning...think sugar plums dancing in my head. No, it did not bring out the child in me. This place was far too mature and played to my adult side that loves to break out of her shell. The owner was busy heating a tortilla on a grill, so I browsed the chocolates. One of the CocoFlow fans dressed in her fatigues came over and introduced me to every chocolate in the case. I swore she was an employee by her chocolate sense, but she corrected me by saying she was simply a fan. Well, I was certainly grateful for her suggestions. I ordered a White Mocha, a Chocolate Biscotti and a Salty Dog Chocolate Praline. The owner put my treats on a plate and handed over a mug that revealed leaf art on top of my latte. Impressive! I made my way through an entry and into a very large room on the adjacent side where small coffee house tables were neatly placed along both sides as well as two fabric high back chairs along the left side. The walls were decked out with great pieces of art. I sat myself at one of the tables painted with a gerber daisy. I took one sip of my mocha and let out a sigh...ahhhh, this is the life! Not too overdone, the sweetness factor was right on. And if you want to know what smooth tastes like, go have yourself a taste of this sumptuous drink. I didn't know how it could have been any better until I dipped my biscotti into the drink and crunched into the perfectly created treat. Did I die and go to Heaven? I looked around the big open space...a very warehouse feel with concrete floors, an elevator, old doors, even a big garage door painted black. Above me was the typical open loft look with exposed pipes painted black. And my absolute favorite part of the decor? The windows that exposed part of the adjoining room where all the goodies were. Black and white fabric curtains were drawn back and I could see small chalk boards in two rows lined the yellow wall with each labeled with a day of the week. A clever way to keep organized, I'm sure. I was too busy absorbing my surroundings to read or journal. All I could do was sip, bite, and look in awe. So thankful that my angels led me to this slice of Heaven on Earth, I decided that even though my stomach was full, I had to take one bite out the Salty Dog to enjoy with my last sip of mocha. I didn't know chocolate could taste so good. Are you kidding me? Mars Inc. has been lying to us all this time about how chocolate should taste. Pricey, yes. Premium, yes. Worth every penny? Absolutely! The caramel ganache on the inside combined with the sea salt sprinkeled chocolate sent my taste buds into overdrive. But, I had the sense to halt a second bite and ask for the remaining to be bagged for enjoying later in the day. I was beyond disappointed that my 30 minutes had ticked away. I returned to the counter to pay for my indulgence and was told that they were working on opening the upstairs for events as well as to use of their classes. Now, what a great business move on the owner's part...sure to draw in many bookings. As I was leaving, I noticed to my right a table with a big glass dispenser full of fruit infused water along with some cups. This place has gone the distance from the water to the chocolates. Thank you, CocoFlow, for allowing me to experience this Utopia! I look forward to my next visit!

http://www.cocoflow.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment