Thursday, July 1, 2010

Tart Bakery



For a gal like me who loves bakeries, Tart is THE place to be! As you can see in my picture above, it is colorful, whimsical and just plan happy. The case is filled with every type of pastry I could possibly wish for. I settle on the Red Velvet cupcake and the Chocolate Crackle cookie. It was a hard decision to make passing up all the other treats perfectly displayed. In the past, Tart had a small table for two in front of their window. This has been replaced by two larger tables that seat four at a table. Smart move! Tart is way too cute to just get your treats to go. Instead, I opt to sit at a table and enjoy my cupcake. Another star for Tart is the fact that they offer fork and napkins so that I'm not stuck licking my fingers. Now, I like my cupcakes to be on the moist side (just a personal preference); my Red Velvet was a little too dry for my liking, but still enjoyable especially with the oh-so-dreamy frosting. You can browse around their little boutique at some of the cute items they have for sale such as cake plates and birthday items. If I had guests in town, I would certainly treat them to Tart Bakery...little girls would be in heaven! The apothecary jars filled with candy make the child within come out to play. The Chocolate Crackle cookie was moist and then some. I had to slow myself down to actually enjoy every bite. This chocolate cookie sprinkled with powdered sugar was well worth the trip to Dallas. I would order a dozen and give away as gifts...sure to make me your new best friend! And the staff? They were welcoming, and obliged my request for a photo op. I only wish I had had more time to soak it all in. Thanks Tart Bakery for making me smile!
http://tartbakerydallas.com

No comments:

Post a Comment