Monday, July 12, 2010

Inspirations Tea Room


No, this isn't a blog on tea rooms, but Inspirations in Edmond, OK must be shared. People, it is without a doubt, the BEST tea room I have ever dined in. Inspirations is attached to Two Hearts Inn, a charming B&B. The minute you enter Inspirations Tea Room, you feel welcomed and settle into the warm atmosphere. With a large space, Inspirations offers different rooms that can accomodate events, special occasions and makes the perfect setting for a shower. I was seated in the Main Tea Room (have sat in the Sunroom and Twenttea in the past) at a small two-seater table. I asked to switch to a table in the corner since their was a glaring light coming from the window, and the waitress was quick to accomodate me. The rooms and tables are always spotless when I visit, and this day was no exception. I placed my linen napkin in my lap and ordered the hot Chocolate Mint tea. As I looked over the menu, the waitress brought the standard heart-shaped scone with lemon curd in a tiny ceramic cup. Oh, I couldn't wait to bite into this mixed berry scone...delicious! However, I waited until my tea pot arrived (allow five minutes of brewing time), and my sweet waitress filled the black toile patterned cup with aromatic tea. I felt like a lady, a Queen being pampered! I placed my order for the Trio which consists of an entre, salad or soup, dessert and tea all for a mere $13.95...and quite possible better than any restaurant you could dine for lunch. It wasn't long before my plate was placed before me. I had finished my delectable scone and ready to dive right in. I placed the piping hot Tortilla Soup to the side for cooling. Each plate is decorated with a flower and a scripture to read and hopefully ponder...mine read,

"Whatever is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, is excellent or praisworthy, think about these things." Philippians 4:8

I placed to the side along with my flower. I drizzled the raspberry dressing on my Cherry Pear Spinach Salad. Mmmm...tart cherries, spinach leaves, feta cheese, toasted pecans, pears. I also had a sliced canteloupe to munch on as well as cubed cheeses and cherry tomatoes on the side. After polishing off the salad, I retrieved my soup and was pleased to see this small bowl was filled with shredded chicken, corn, tomatoes, and I had tortilla chips to dip in this cheesy delight. Talk about comfort food...this was it! Now, with all that food, you would think I couldn't possibly have room for dessert. You thought wrong! I ordered the Mixed Fruit Pie which came out warm and piped with little starbursts of whipped cream along the crust. The crust was flaky and delish. The fruit mixed with a nice sauce dazzled my taste buds. I kept re-filling my cup with Chocolate Mint Tea until the teapot was almost empty. When finished dining, you can walk around their gift area which sells teapots, teas, jewelry and small gifts. I left feeling more than satisfied, as I always do when visiting this delightful tea room. Inspirations Tea Room is quite simply perfection, and I adore this place! I encourage you to browse their website.

www.inpirationstearoom.com

No comments:

Post a Comment